Many people seem to have one these days
Used as a way to start off the new year
For some its to lose weight and thin their waist
For some its to get over that one fear
To me it is not really quite that clear
I don’t see the rationale or the use
By the next month you no longer adhere
“I’m just so busy” becomes the excuse
And it’s these reasons that get me amused
So forget a new year’s resolution
Such notions upon thee I disabuse
Its nothing more than an illusion
You see, a new year’s goal has its flaws
Because By June it will be a lost cause
I wrote this nearly 2 years ago for a high school assignment. We had to write a poem in iambic pentameter ridiculing something and then had to read it in front of the class. As you can tell I wasn't much of a fan of New Year's Resolutions.... Well I take it back. Now I actually applaud those who make CONCRETE New Year's resolutions. So I changed my mind, sue me.
When I say home improvement I don't mean the actual place but ourselves...our mind, body, and souls sometimes need a little fixing up. No matter who you are in this world there are times when you'll find that the pipes in your mind need to be unclogged, that you're heart can use a little glue after being broken for so long, and that sometimes entire wall's in our home that have stood since forever need to be knocked down.
While sometimes change can be thrust upon us and unexpectedly occur (as mentioned in my last post) there are times when we must bring forth our own change. We can't always wait for our faucets to break before we fix the leak and change them just as we shouldn't always wait for our old paint to chip before we give ourselves a new paint job.
It's your body, your mind, your soul, your life, and therefore it's really up to you whether you start making changes and resolve to improve but like any good homeowner knows the only way to add value to your home is to make improvements. It's the new year, what better time than now?
- La Rhino
"We gotta make a change...
It's time for us as a people to start makin' some changes.
Let's change the way we eat, let's change the way we live
and let's change the way we treat each other.
You see the old way wasn't working so it's on us to do
what we gotta do, to survive."
It's time for us as a people to start makin' some changes.
Let's change the way we eat, let's change the way we live
and let's change the way we treat each other.
You see the old way wasn't working so it's on us to do
what we gotta do, to survive."
-Tupac Shakur

1 comments:
That actually is one of my favorite songs by Pac. Nice post.
Post a Comment