1/20/2010

Losing My Balance...

Have you ever felt like you were Losing your Balance?

Recently San Diego has been experiencing massive amounts of rain fall and unfortunately I had to drive to the store the other day during a hard hitting storm. The wind was blowing so hard while I was driving that it felt like my car was being pushed into the next lane. Slightly terrified, I gripped the steering wheel tightly and focused on staying in my lane. Now it may have been just an illusion created by the wind and my mind but I felt like my car was Losing its Balance, that if I hadn't slowed down and focused on the road ahead I was going to be in the next lane without even steering into it. Today the same thing happened except this time I was waiting at the bus stop in the pouring rain and was nearly blown into the street by the wind. Losing My Balance....literally.



Well this post isn't about the rain it's about the fact that I feel the same way about my personal life. I'm Losing My Life Balance. After  thinking about it for awhile I think I've identified the source. It's my lack of commitment. Don't get me wrong I'm extremely committed to my studies, maybe even more committed to my on-campus orgs, I try to keep in touch with my family and do my best to keep up with my friends yet I have no commitment towards myself. I cannot seem to stay committed to my own personal goals. I think I can honestly say that Ryann Vasquez is not one of Ryann Vasquez's top priorities. No it's not being self-centered is called prioritizing, there is a difference.

It's kind of like this. Say I'm hosting a dinner and all the guests are my commitments. Like any good host I naturally serve them all making sure each one's needs are fully met. Usually the host will sit down after everyone has been served and eat as well. Well at this point in my life I'm serving and taking care of all my other commitments but have yet to sit down and eat with them, have yet to serve myself. It's time I take a seat along with all my other commitments and Regain my Balance.

Well to help me along with my personal commitments I thought I would share SOME with you all which may help the process along.

Not too long ago I could run a mile leisurely in 7 minutes. Now, not so much. By the end of the quarter (7 weeks) I'm making it my personal commitment to try and run a 7 minute mile.



I'm making it my personal commitment to fight the laziness and hit the gym 2-3 times a week.



I made a studying schedule for the entire Winter Quarter. If I follow it I'm setting myself up for a near 4.0. I'm making it my personal commitment to follow it.



I need to start making time for JUST ME. 30 minutes a day is my personal commitment.





Finally, if I keep up with all these commitments I'm hoping to regain my balance





-La Rhino
p.s. I highly suggest listening to J.Cole "Losing My Balance" and his entire mixtape "The Warm Up" if you have yet to. Prepare yourself for what's about to come in 2010 from him. Pure Dopeness.

2 comments:

My name is Julieanne & I am... said...

I definitely feel you about losing balance, because these past couple of days brought one of the most emotional experience I've experienced yet.

Thank you for the comment, I definitely appreciate your input :)

Nas Holston said...

love that j. cole track it's so relaxing.

Post a Comment