I made a promise long ago...
The bus has never been my friend and in fact let me be frank even after all these years riding up and down the busy streets I still loathe and scoff of even hearing the mere words...public transportation.
Perhaps the most frequent conversation I've ever had with my grandma centers around the question, When is the bus coming? Though I was young I will never forget the days I spent on the bus with my grandma, half interested in the people that would hop on and half scared that someone would try and rob us. If you would have told me at the age of 6 I could have one wish, I probably would have wished that my gma would learn how to drive and could afford a car. While I will always treasure the time we got to spend together it doesn't change the fact that I hate the bus.
Córrele Chata! is what she would always say to me when the bus was about to leave us. So there I go running my little heart out to catch the bus because God knows it was either run or sit in the blistering heat for the next one.
I made a promise long ago that when I grew up and had my own car I would never make my grandma take the bus as long as I could help it. It’s seems though that now I’ve extended this promise to include friends as well, which is why I refuse to let anyone take the bus if I have room for them in my car. Ultimately, I’ve realized that while making good on this promise and driving people around may seem honorable and is conducted under good intentions, I’m still only acting with selfish desires, the desire to fulfill my own promise. I ask myself, should this stop me though?
Btw, yes I do in fact take public transportation to school everyday. Sigh. Unfortunately, I hate UCSD parking more than I hate the bus.

0 comments:
Post a Comment